Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Sunil undergoing Avastin and PCV

Sunil has started to undergo an intensive treatment with both PCV and Avastin. It seems the tumor is growing more resistant and aggressive and Dr. Lassman wants to give it all they can to try to slow it down. Sunil's memory is starting to be effected and he is really worn down. It's getting hard for him to focus and he has lost 20 lbs. Marlon and I are a wreck. We are super worried about him. We are all trying to stay positive and are praying that the treatment will work. It is getting tougher for me to work. I think I may need to take a leave of absence to make sure he is taken care of. Also, I feel like I need the leave of absence for my own mental health.

We were able to go visit "Poppimom and Thatha" in Michigan last weekend. It was a good trip. Sunil spent most of it in pain and sleeping. poor thing. Anu and Anita, Sunil's cousins, were in town. Anu from Singapore and Anita from Washington D.C. They are lovely people and I'm so glad to get to know them and hang out with them. Anu is so sweet and a very smart doctor. Anita is HILARIOUS with her under-toned humor and dry wit she is too smart for her own good! :) We seemed to be able to laugh and have fun despite Sunil's condition.

I love my husband so much and would do anything to prevent him from having to go through this. In an effort to help, when there is nothing really we can do but pray and love, I've started a website to help raise money for Sunil. He worries all the time about not being able to work. I know there are a lot of you out there that would love to help but are too far away to come physically, so I've starting www.bastardtumor.com and have posted a way for you to donate through Paypal.com. It's perfectly safe, just donate to Sunil's email address squeakypig@earthlink.net. It would mean a lot to us, and it will help us too. I don't think I am going to get paid if I take a leave of absence so every penny is going to count. Plus, since we feel strongly about giving back, we will be donating 5% of the proceeds to the American Brain Tumor Association.

I am praying that the next post will have a more positive message. Right now, it is battle time. It is fight for your life time. Sunil and I want nothing more than to grow old together, so please keep him in your prayers.

Thank you.

3 comments:

anita said...

Hey Mandi,

I'm only a 4 hour bus ride away. If you guys could use help or just support some time, just give me a call and I can hop on a bus and be right over. Since I'm a grad. student, I don't have set hours and can come at any time claiming a family emergency. I could even come during the week and work over weekends and at night to make up for it. Let me know.

anita

The Schreiner's said...

Hey Mandi-
Wow..I haven't checked in for awhile.. My heart is hurting for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. You are in our prayers for sure. If you need a fresh getaway to the mountains you are always welcome. Let me know if you need to get away. We would take good care of you both! Plus a little crazy with two small children always helps anything!! love ya lots.
Miss you....sorry I have been out of touch.
Muh! Mel

Becky said...

Mandi, I am an old friend of Sunil's from U of M and want you to know I'm praying for you all. I'd give anything to be there for you and, for what it's worth, I will be in the city for 4 days over Thanksgiving and hope there is something I can do to help out. Please give my love to Sunil, I am forwarding the website link far and wide!