Monday, March 16, 2009

Visits from Friends

In February we had two visits from our dearest friends. The first was our friend Gretchen who is AWESOME! She came from Minnesota to relax, unwind and get away from her life for a few days. She went sight-seeing all by herself. I would saw that she mastered the New York experience by just going out there and doing it! We took her to an awesome little Moroccan tapis bar called Kemia. It was a girls night out! It was giggly, stupid, hilarious and SOOOO worth seeing Gretchen fall down the subway stairs and announce to all how much she loved them. :)


Here we are at Kemia sippin' on our Lychee Martinis. From the left, Katt, Me, Angela, Gretchen and Alja.
We were very excited when we came out of the bar and saw the name GAETA painted on the side of the Garbage Bin. Gaeta was my boss and is now Angela's boss. Since Angela, Alja and I work together, we took a picture for Gaeta of his name! :)


The second visitor was Chris, Sunil's friend from high school and his old college roommate. Chris is delightful and is sporting the look of a young Colonel Sanders with a curly handle bar moustache. Awesome. We took him to Mars 2112 and at overpriced food from Mars and played over priced video games. We then went back to our apartment and played the Wii until the wee hours of the morning.
(Pictures are still in my camera from this one...)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I love my Mandi and Sunil! I am already saving up money to come visit again soon! I laughed out loud after reading this entry. AWESOME memories! Love you so much!