Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Birthday BBQ

So I turned 25 again last Saturday, despite trying to keep it a secret, my big mouth told everyone. We had Marlon on Saturday and my old student Alissa was in town so she came up and hung out for a few hours.

Marlon and Alissa in Marlon's tent.

All the boys were on the roof-deck. Notice Cody "eyeing" the furry thing on Donald's lap. He wasn't really sure what Pinecone was.

All the girls were inside eating.
Donald and Pallie came over with their new baby Pinecone. This is Pinecone, the cutest little fuzzy furry thing ever! He was playing "Jungle" in my plant!


Marlon and Pinecone bonded. He is so sweet and hung out with her for a long time.


We had lots of grilled veggies, and Donald brought ice cream cake!

Pallie brought bubbly sparkling wine. It made for an awesome time, and I got the BEST PRESENT EVER. Well two BEST PRESENTS EVER. One was a Pokemon set from Marlon so all three of us can play Pokemon together.
The other was an amazing print that I fell in love with when the Nomadic Museum came to town two summers ago. Sunil remembered and had this made for me! I love him and the pic soooo much! Not sure who/what I love more at this point, and before you judge, you have to see the picture to understand. Check out the pics...

Donald, Pinecone, and Marlon pose under my new pic. Isn't it amazing! I love it so much.

1 comment:

JoAnn Venhuizen said...

wow, looks really cool. is it blakc and white? i can see how you love it. and how nice of sunil to remember from 2 years ago. i am, although not hurt by it, surprised that you did not mention the rolo cookies your MN friend sent. i thought for sure that would rate on your top 3 or 4 gifts. guess i will have to keep trying to find the perfect, yet inexpensive gift for you. heheheheheheheheh. glad you are good!