Friday, July 13, 2007

My Friends and their Babies

I have amazing friends that have or are having amazing children. This is my God-Daughter Madison. She is the coolest kid and obviously, by this picture, a very good fisherman! Her mom and I have been friends since 5th grade. I remember the day that, out of the blue, I got a call from Jamie Chenoweth. It was the summer time and I was hanging out at home, my mom answered the phone and said it was for me. I didn't get phone calls yet so I was very confused. I said "Hello" Jamie replied "Hi this is Jamie Chenoweth" I said "Hi" She said "I was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang out with me" I said "sure" (skip over the two decades of causing trouble together) and now I am the God-Mother to her oldest daughter. Gotta love it.

Jamie has since just had another baby, here is Sofia chillin' in the pool. Sofia was born in December right before Christmas so I was able to meet her in the hospital.(If you look way back in December/January in my blog you can see her as a tiny bundle)





And then there is my friend Emma, if it wasn't for her, I would not have my great job at Centre. Emma is an amazing actor and is about to take on the biggest role of her life, being a mommy. ahhhhhhhhh Lin (co-worker) and I went to have lunch with her yesterday before she leaves the city-working-life and becomes a stay-at-home mom in Jersey City. Here she is with her baby-girl in her belly.


Last but not least is my other long-time friends girl, Clara.
Allison (Clara's Mom) and I have been friends since we were 14. I'm not sure, but I think we bonded over the fact that we were in band together and were not very good. Her on the clarinet and me on the Saxophone. We stayed in band to do the trips which included Chicago one year and Europe another. ahhhh the memories (none of which involved causing any trouble, that was reserved for Jamie) Allison was always my grounded friend. She has a great relationship with God, and I think that her prayers for me kept me out of many situations that good have been bad. Thanks Acid! (her nickname from 10th grade when someone thought I called her Acid but I was just saying Allison super fast)
Anyway, here is Clara the cutest brown eyed blond haired child I have ever met.




For my final mother friend shout out I'm going to direct you to another blog that will introduce you to my friend Melanie's baby. Melanie and I met at a time in our life when God and Dance crossed paths. We started a dance company that brought dance back into the church like, we both believe, God intended it to be. It was great times and hard times, but it ultimately lead to a lot of amazing memories. She is now living with her husband and baby-girl in Idaho! It looks gorgeous out there and I would love to come and visit someday! I have to meet Katherine and her ginormously cute cheeks!
http://babyschreiner.blogspot.com/


If you ask me why I decided to blog this, I think it is two fold. One, because my friends are amazing women that are all starting to be or already are amazing mothers. and Two, I think if I keep focusing on other people's kids then I won't have an urge to have one of my own. :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Schreiner's said...

You are the sweetest...and I love you! Come on...I think it is time for you to join the mama club!!!! And YES!!! you need to get your butt to IDAHO!!! The other day Matt and I were cleaning out the storage unit and I found a copy of "Turn Your Eyes". WOW--it totally kicked me in the butt. I want to send you a copy...will you send me your address?
love ya and thanks for the "shout out"!!

JoAnn Venhuizen said...

well thats a fun shout out....too bad i dont make the cut. someday maybe.