Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Death and Falling Cats

I haven't blogged in a LONG time. Sorry. I have been quite busy at just living life! Sometimes that gets to be very difficult. I just found out that an old friend from Minnesota passed away last week. He was 33 years old and died of liver and kidney failure. This man was the nicest most genuine person I've ever met. He lived hard and fast, but would always make sure to help friends in need. He also had a disease. He was an alcoholic. It just seems to be too early for his life to end. The good news is it seems God really took a hold of Brian and never let go. He gave him a peace and a sense of calm. He was ready to go when God took him and he knew that Jesus was waiting for him. Great end to a hard, short life. I will miss you Brian!

Cody, My fat cat pictured here is always out on our roof deck, we are on the second floor. He goes up on the edge to look over and check out the neighborhood. He knows that the ground is really far away so I never have to worry about him jumping. My friend Angela told me to be careful because Cody is a very clumsy 17 pound cat.


Well, last night in the snow and rain he went outside and must have jumped up and slid right off because a half hour later I was looking for him and couldn't find him on the deck anywhere. He was gone! I panicked and ran outside and found him one the ground hiding in a window gate. He was soo scared. He tore out his "pointer finger" claw and this morning he was limping around. It seems he has swollen feet from the landing but that's it! If God blesses animals, he certainly blessed Cody. With Sunil away, I don't know what I would have done if anything happened to him. He's my fat baby!!!!

He seems to be fine now, he is using my bible as a pillow as I type this..

1 comment:

JoAnn Venhuizen said...

crazy cat story. gald the codster is ok.
sorry to hear about Brian.
did you hear about nicki. her cousin Katina had her baby early and it ended up dieing five days later- i think from Edwards Disease. funeral is tomorrow (wednesday). nicki is taking it ok, but i havent really talked with her, just emails. hope you are good. oh yes, one more update. i am a retired basektball coach. turned my whistle and coaches folder in last thrusday. it was hard, but i am excited to have a social life again. what are your thoughts.